[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:10:47 -0300
On 7/28/05, bs.pearce@xxxxxxx <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Clients, especially agencies, are not receptive for paying for computer
> time, and don't see the comparison to the lab work they were paying for.

I wonder how much of this is that clients are hearing the same
marketing claims of "digital savings" as photographers are?

I suspect that the clients expect their costs to go down when dealing
with a pro who shoots digital. If the costs don't drop (or not
significantly), the assumption would be that the pro is keeping his
rates the same and putting the "extra" money into profit.