[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:04:29 -0500

>I was responding to the type of busines I'm familiar with.  But I do
> find this a little confusing.  If one hands over original film or
> original digital files where is the requirement for the digital lab and
> extensive image manipulation.  There's obviously much about this
> business I don't understand.
It is an entirely different business. The occasional need to interact with
models is offset by not having to deal with brides and their mothers.

With film, I shoot it and have it processed. I sell them the roll of film
for $20, mark up the processing accordingly, and am happy. I know that some
will have questions about these practices, but has been the mode of business
for longer than I've been around. And in agency terms, this is lily white.

Your presumption is that you can burn the digital file to a disc and hand it
to the client. I've never seen that happen. It would indeed be nice, but
they all seem to need some work.

And there's the days of sensor cleaning...

Bill Pearce