[OM] Re: Website rebuild

Subject: [OM] Re: Website rebuild
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:51:34 -0400
AG Schnozz wrote:
>>However, now that Moose has brought up the
>>stadium panorama as stark and unappealing I have to admit that
>>I was not being completely frank.  I didn't like it either;
>>primarily because of the blown lights and bench tops.
>

> Way to kick a guy while he's down.

Hard to imagine that Moose knocked you down and even harder that you
felt an unintended kick.  :-)

> The blown lights are a given.  No matter what you do a light at
> night with drizzle in the air will do that.  Also, wet metal
> bleachers will tend to reflect that light.  Can't help the blown
> hightlights on that one.

I wouldn't put it beyond feasability that the problem might have been
resolved with a composite.  But I'd put the chance of success at about
5% and not much worth the effort to try.

> However, you are right. It gives the photo a certain disturbing
> starkness.

I am frequently reminded by situations like this of a conversation I had
with my photo mentor one day:

me:  I'm having a devil of a time trying to bring the dark, shaded
foreground here into line with the very bright sunlit background.
him: Well, don't take the picture here.
me:  But, you know, if I just...
him: Don't take the picture here.
me:  But I'm pretty sure that if I only...
him: Don't take the picture here!!

Chuck Norcutt