[OM] Re: Website rebuild

Subject: [OM] Re: Website rebuild
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:03:38 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:

>I discovered a compiling error on the website which also trashed
>that panoramic image I had notated yesterday. (The luminaries
>spelling out "HONOR" turned into "HOROR"). Well, since I was
>redoing some stuff anyway, I went ahead and did what I've been
>putting off for ever and a day.
>
>There might be a missing link here and there (I already know of
>one), but for the most part it's pretty intact.  Caution, it's
>wide.  No more wimpy 800x600 screen standards.  If this is a
>problem with your browser please let me know.
>
>www.image66media.com

OK, count me baffled. What do the mixer board shots have to do with
photography?

So now I read the stuff about audio and telecom services, but I wanted
to give my first impression of the page. If I were interested in
photography, I'd just wince at the ugly electrotec stuff and move on.

If it were me, I would have two "home" pages with clear reference and
links between them - and make the photography one visually attractive.

What was a home page that attracted me has become one that puts me off.
Also, and let me emphasize this is just my opinion, I don't like the
stadium panorama. Technically I understand the achievement, but visually
it is stark, harsh and unappealing in my eyes. I can see it in a section
showing tech capability to do industrial photography, but not on the
front page. I tend to think people like images that draw them in, not
make their eyes hurt, even if they are looking to buy photography of an
oil refinery. Maybe especially then?

Now I've looked a the other pages and I don't like the top image and
buttons any better there. Could just be idiosyncratic old Moosie, but
the cold, hard, unnaturally colored header theme is in stark and
unappealing contrast to the many lovely images. Visual dissonance.

I feel sorry for that soft, inviting beach shot stuck in the wasteland.
You did want honest reactions, I hope. {:-)

Oh yeah, size is fine.

Moose