[OM] Re: Website rebuild

Subject: [OM] Re: Website rebuild
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 04:27:54 -0700 (PDT)
> OK, count me baffled. What do the mixer board shots have to do
> with photography?

Well, this was an attempt at migrating the site more towards the
industrial end of the spectrum.  Unfortunately, one of those
"when in Rome" situations.  My business gets most of its revenue
through industry and engineering.

> So now I read the stuff about audio and telecom services, but
> I wanted to give my first impression of the page. If I were
> interested in photography, I'd just wince at the ugly
> electrotec stuff and move on.

Good point. I will be doing a dual-home page approach to this
thing.  One of those "time allowance" things.  I believe that on
the short-term the site will be a little "ugly electrotec" as
this is something my clients are expecting.  You Zuikoheads
aren't paying the bills, unfortunately.  ;)

> Also, and let me emphasize this is just my opinion, I don't
> like the stadium panorama. Technically I understand the
> achievement, but visually it is stark, harsh and unappealing
> in my eyes. I can see it in a section showing tech capability
> to do industrial photography, but not on the front page.

Interesting. It's not a long-term picture, anyway. I'm already
tired of it.  But you are right, it does show "technical
capability".  Probably another homage to where the bucks are
coming from.

> Now I've looked a the other pages and I don't like the top
> image and buttons any better there.

They are a bit "supersized". I might put them on a diet.  See if
that tones it down some and creates a balance.

> I feel sorry for that soft, inviting beach shot stuck in the
> wasteland.

You never saw the picture taken in the other direction.  Nuclear
power generating plant.

> You did want honest reactions, I hope. {:-)

Thanks. Much better than no feedback or grunts.

AG

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/