[OM] Re: [OT] Olympus Sales

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Olympus Sales
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:46:30 -0400
The 300D/350D are the digital equivalent of the film based Rebel/Kiss
series and are quite small and light.

One issue with the 350D is that it uses a NB-2LH battery which none of
the other consumer dSLRs use.  They all use the BP-511 which has 35%
greater capacity.  In my experience, the BP-511 ain't the best battery
so one with lower capacity does not excite/interest me.  Hope that's
not a trend . . .

IMO, Canon's 35mm (EOS) business was already burgeoning and they were
able to leverage that when the digital revolution took off.  Sadly,
Olympus was poorly positioned in the market and is now playing
catch-up.

ScottGee1