[OM] Re: [OT] Olympus Sales

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Olympus Sales
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:15:04 +0100
On Mon, 16 May 2005 11:09:55 -0400, ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>None of the Canon bodies I've used have had any problems with sensor
>dust.  From what I've observed, that seems more of an issue with the
>Nikon/Fuji bodies.

My son works for a photo dealer, and this is what he tells me too. He
also says that the service backup for C*n*n is better than for Oly in
the UK at least. In general terms, dealers were getting better service
from manufacturers other than Oly from a long time back. It also made
them reluctant to take Oly stuff in part exchange.

He lent me the shop demonstrator new EOS350D this weekend. I have to
say it was a "wow" after the slow, noisy E-10. Stunning image even at
1600 ASA (quieter than E-10 at 160) and the speed in continuous mode
or burst is just what I need for photographing steam trains. Only last
week I missed some good potential shots because the E-10 couldn't keep
up with the steam train doing over 70 mph. (For the steam fans who
know the Brit scene, the locomotive was BR pacific "Duke of
Gloucester" running from Holyhead to Crewe).

Unless there is a lot to convince me otherwise, my DSLR "step up" will
be a C*n*n 20D or 350D. Seems a shame to change allegiance after 30
years of using OM's, but the world has changed.

Could I imagine a world without OM's? Well, yes, but not without my
Bronica as well as a good DSLR.

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)