[OM] Re: Case for OM4T?

Subject: [OM] Re: Case for OM4T?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:21:36 -0400
One series of semi hard cases fit single digit OM bods (OM-1 thru 4Ti).
OM-10, G, 20, F, 30, PC, 40 used a different case. The oldest OM-1 cases had
a metal thumbscrew on the bottom but they discovered through field testing
(customer purchases) that when a camera was dropped while in this case, all
the force of the impact would go in through the thumbscrew.  The main
casting of the camera would bend or break, completely circumventing the
purpose of the case. So a new case was designed without the thumbscrew .

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,
631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977