[OM] Re: Opinions on E-1 or E-300?

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions on E-1 or E-300?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:16:48 -0500

>For  those of you who chose either an
>E-1 or E-300 over other DSLRs, what was it  that made you choose the
>Olympus?

I narrowed my choices to Nikon D70, Canon 20D, and the E-1. Salesman
recommendations were enough to convince me that in terms of overall build, the
E-
300 and D-70 weren't what I wanted. In the end, a combination of handling,
overall build, recommendations from users and $$$ made me choose the E-1 over
the 20D. Knowing that I could buy a complete E-1 kit with a great flash, fast
lens, and an extra lens or two for the price of a 20D and a fast lens alone
(i.e. no
extra battery, no flash, no filters, etc) was a major factor. throw in the fact
that I have 25 + years of experience with Olympus, the controls were intuitive
for me,
and the camera came with an adaptor to use my OM glass, the decision became
pretty easy.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company