[OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1
From: R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 14:55:44 -0800
At 04:35 PM 4/1/2005 -0800, you wrote:

> I think this is true of Joel as well, but I know I bought a DSLR within
> 6 months of getting a digicam. I think that is fairly common with
> people who are used to using an SLR. Advice to people "thinking about
> it", skip the bridge camera and go straight to the DSLR because the
> second camera you get after getting your E-1 is likely to be different
> than the one you would have gotten first.
>
> Winsor
> Long Beach, California, USA

A couple of years ago I got a cheap Fuji digicam for Christmas and my
first temptation was to dump it and get a DSLR, but I've kept it around
and it's been handy for essentially disposable things like insurance
photos and auction snaps. I've gotta say, though, that a full-frame
sensor is a big deal to me and I keep waiting for the prices of used
DCS-14 bodies to fall enough to make it worth my while. I'd rather have
the full-frame Can*n bodies, but the DCS bodies are looking like more
and more of a bargain. I like the Olympus products, but they still
haven't really introduced anything that would convince me to stay with
them.