[OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:09:00 -0400

> For me, it came down to a price/performance ratio. I couldn't
> wait any longer to get a DSLR.  One kiloclams got me a decent
> system that sorta takes my old OM lenses.
>
> AG

I'll probably wait a while yet, maybe long enough for the next offering
(hopefully) to come out in the E-1 line. I suppose it's a matter of time
before I go to a DSLR, and my thoughts are sort of $ related like your's.
The C5050 is okay for now, but does have its limitations.

But unlike some of you, my needs are a bit different. I doubt I'll ever quit
shooting film for as long as they make it, especially slide film. I still
like projected images, and for me they are still the only practical way to
show to larger church groups, such as I'll be doing when I get back from the
missions trip to Bolivia later next month. Actually most people shooting
this kind of trip to show to church groups as I do, have gone to shooting
digital movies long ago, but I can't seem to bring myself to want to spend
an entire 3 week trip looking at the world through an eyepiece, or on a 2
inch screen.

Anyways, the E-1 discussions are okay with me.

Wayne