[OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol

Subject: [OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:27:36 +1000
At 07:33 AM 28/03/2005 +0100, you wrote:

>Feedback might express different things, but saying thanks for the
>money (prompt payment etc...) is quite fine by me.
>
>The things I really hate are the ghastly oBoy "forms" that people send;
>they're impersonal and abrupt to the point of being rude.  I mean the
>invoices etc ... They are obviously intended to make it easy for people
>to communicate - those who cannot put an email together - but they
>introduce almost immediate antipathy in me on receipt.
>
>Chris

I never use the oBoy forms, I agree they're the pits.  I have a set of
pre-written letters saved as stationery in my email client.  As a buyer, I
have one for requesting postage amounts, one for asking for bank account
details, another for advising payment has been made and the final one I
send is to thank the seller for the item and letting them know I'm a happy
camper.  There's another set of letters I use when I'm wearing my selling
hat. Every one of them has my name, address and phone number at the bottom.

Andrew McPhee