[OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol

Subject: [OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:42:50 EST

In a message dated 3/27/2005 6:55:43 PM Central Standard Time,
hiwayman@xxxxxxx writes:

I've had  sellers a couple of times leave feedback for me as soon as they
received  payment, but that's been the exception rather than the rule.  Always
seems to me like they're saying they're just glad they got my money, whether
I'm happy about the deal or not, like that's the end of it.  I think the  onus
is on the seller to express satisfaction, then for the seller to  respond.
For the seller to do so first strikes me almost as a  pre-emptive effort to
coerce or intimidate the buyer into responding in kind,  to be a nice guy too
and
not bitch about the missing lens cap or the cleaning  marks or the bent
****ing prong on the prism  finder.

As a seller who does exactly as you say . . . leave positive feedback when
you promptly complete you end of the contract, I disagree with your
assumption.  When I send positive feedback it is saying this person did  what
they said
they would do.  If I know my stuff I'm selling and know I  described it
accurately, then my assumption has to be that my buyer will be  satisfied.  In
the
unlikely event they are not satisfied they will contact  me and I'll make it
right.  Either way should end in positive  feedback.  I will not withhold their
feedback as ransom for positive  feedback about me.  Bill Barber