[OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol

Subject: [OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:23:49 -0500
>> But remember what happens to large companies when they lose the personal
>> touch with their customers ...

An excellent point. And one I'm reminded of every time I try to communicate
with a large company, and spend 30 minutes negotiating a telephone tree only
to discover at the end that you really _can't_ talk to a human. Sigh.

That said, when oBoying, I use the forms, too, because they make the whole
PayPal thing easier and more convenient, or so it seems, anyway. But I
always use the provided space to include a personal message, and I usually
send at least one, usually two or three, personal e-mails during the course
of the transaction. I also include a note with the item I'm selling,
thanking the buyer in ink.

But then I'm an on-again, off-again seller/buyer these days, mostly hustling
items out of my fountain pen collection to pay for my Oly E-1 gear. If it
were a real business, I don't think I'd have time to keep it so personal.

--Bob