[OM] Re: OT: Wind chill (was: problem with OM4 & cold weather)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Wind chill (was: problem with OM4 & cold weather)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 21:43:01 +0000
That probably is not a good example.  Let's get back to the basic facts.

Wind chill is a PERCEIVED temperature, not an actual one.  It's what
temperature it FEELS LIKE it is on bare skin.

Hypothetical situation:  If it's 30F outside and there's a 15mph wind, the wind
chill factor is 15F, meaning that's what it feels like on your bare-nekkid
nose.  If your OM-whatever is on a tripod, no matter how long it sits there or
how much harder the wind blows, it's never going to get colder than 30F,
because that's how cold the air is and it can't get any colder than the air, no
matter how fast the air goes by.

Get it?

Walt

--