[OM] Re: OT: Wind chill (was: problem with OM4 & cold weather)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Wind chill (was: problem with OM4 & cold weather)
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:21:57 -0400

"Wind chill" affects everything to some degree, as the same wind that cools
your skin more quickly, will also cool your dog, your car engine, your
camera, etc. more quickly, only not all at the same rate of course. So with
wind chill, we are not talking about the bottom temperature (as you, your
cat, your car engine, your camera, etc, will all reach the same bottom
temperature eventually, if the wind chill is severe enough, and you stay in
it long enough), but we are talking about how quickly things cool. So yes,
"wind chill" affects your camera when you take it outside from the warm
house, and your car engine when you shut it off after it's warmed up, and
you of course, because they all cool off faster in wind. If wind didn't cool
inanimate objects more quickly, why would they put a fan behind your auto
radiator?

Wayne (who lives in Canada where wind chill is more than a debate, who knows
wind chill from experience, and who is getting really tired of winter).