[OM] Re: OT: Wind chill (was: problem with OM4 & cold weather)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Wind chill (was: problem with OM4 & cold weather)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:44:22 +0000
Maybe so.  I'll tell NASA.  This is their definition:

"Wind Chill - Wind chill is based on the rate of heat loss from exposed skin
caused by the combined effects of wind and cold. As the wind speed increases,
heat is carried away from the body at an accelerated rate, driving down the
body temperature. The wind chill temperature, an "apparent" temperature, gives
us a better estimate of how cold it really feels outside. The measure of the
rate of heat loss based on air temperatures and wind speeds is not a
temperature, but it allows us to understand how quickly heat is lost to the
wind."

Walt, who'll be exposing more skin as the weather warms

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>