[OM] Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:47:31 -0500
on 2004/12/15 7:04 AM, Wayne Culberson at waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Yes, Gary's lens test results seem to show that the mirror lock up on the
> OM1's has very little practical advantage, but it is another gadgety thing
> to fiddle with and make one feel more professional I guess.

I haven't done an exhaustive analysis, but the impression I got was that
lockup eliminates some motion but not all. So in a critical situation such
as macro or use of a long lens you might get from a C+ to a B, but including
aperture prefire would get you to an A- (assuming of course the lens is
capable of that).

Perhaps doing critical indoor work one should
 - turn out the lights
 - open the shutter on B
 - wait 10 seconds for things to settle
 - fire a free-standing flash
 - close the shutter
 - remove the barricades so traffic can pass the house again
 - tell air traffic control to resume flights

:-)
Andrew
(who does use mirror lockup and the self-timer sometimes)