[OM] Re: Camera prices and values

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera prices and values
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:38:01 +1100
In the message I received, "Simon Worby" writes:
>Saso wrote:
>
>> I am quite happy with my OM-3, and my wife is still happy with her
>> OM-4Ti. Multispot metering is a useful thing to have sometimes, although
>> I have found myself lately in situations where I meter once and shoot
>> for hours and hours (social gatherings).
>
>Does that have to be done in "manual" on the 4(T/i) or can you store spot mete
>red auto settings for future use somehow?

The 4 series has spot meter memory that can keep the metered value for
60 minutes, but I usually use manual mode on 4Ti as well. To use the
spot meter memory, move the lever on the shutter release button to the
left, do your spot metering, trigger the shutter. That's all. It will
keep the exposure values in the memory even if you change shutter speed
/ aperture.

>> Also, with a purchase of the
>> OM-3 or its more expensive little brother, OM-3Ti, you get invitation to
>> join the "OM-3ers" club. Far more exclusive club than any other OM
>> clubs. Just ask Messrs Harridge and Troy. ;-)
>
>My invitation must have got lost in the post!!

Maybe you should buy another -3(Ti) body, just to be sure you get an
invitation. :-)

Saso