[OM] Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:09:38 -0400
Someone wrote:
>. Not wanting to offend, but I didn't get on with the OM-10 -- it's manual
mode was crap.

My first was an OM10. I keep it for sentimental reasons, but to be honest, I
always had trouble metering with it for slides, especially around the ocean
and snow. Now that I have a 2s, I use spotmetering almost 100% of the time,
and have basically cured that problem.

> > > and to answer an earlier question, I bought my 3Ti new, <snip>
> > Main gripe is lack of mirror lock up and a timer.
>
> I never understood why they didn't do that. Nor the self-timer (or lack
of) for that matter.

After reading Gary's lens tests some more, I think for me the easiest and
cheapest way to get really critical  vibration-free shots is to use the
OM2000, with both mirror and diaphragm prefire, and no listening to the full
cycle of beeping self-timer (like I did last evening :-).
Wayne