[OM] Re: [OT] Interesting N*kon D2H price drop

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Interesting N*kon D2H price drop
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:09:52 -0800 (PST)
This marketing push for more and more megapixels reminds me of the same
 marketing blitz for CPU megahertz.  I wonder how long it will take to
play itself out?

Overclockers found ingenious ways to overcome the "planned
obsolescence" in the CPU market.  And similarly, there was a creative
individual,
http://www.bahneman.com/liem/photos/tricks/digital-rebel-tricks.html ,
who discovered a way to hack the software in a Ca*on digital rebel to
enable features found in the 10D.  Gotta love him. :)

Richard

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250