[OM] Re: now increasing scanner range

Subject: [OM] Re: now increasing scanner range
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:28:59 +0100
James,

Working from the same scan twice has the advantage that there are no
problems with exact overlay. There is a PS add-in called DRI available from
www.fredmiranda.com which is the absolute ideal. You stick the camera on a
tripod expose and shoot one frame for the highlights the ditto for shadows.
Load the 2 frames into PS and hand them over to DRI which will then merge
the images for optimum effect. I have used the program with 2 scans taken
from the same frame but never used the tripod method to get exact alignment.
For my purposes (web only) I didn't seem to gain much so I go the lazy route
:-)

--gb