[OM] Re: now increasing scanner range

Subject: [OM] Re: now increasing scanner range
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:12:21 +0100
Thanks for that Graham. Looks fairly straightforward *in principle*! So
I could then take a step further by scanning in Vuescan twice, once
with a higher brightness setting to bring out the shadows and then
combine theses two images having made any adjustments to the shadows
layer to give a natural match to the highlights layer?

Would scanning at a higher brightness setting actually bring more out
in the shadows? I would imagine so as the sensor in the scanner is not
struggling to capture low light levels. And from what you say AG.

I remember seeing a method to fit the two versions of the image
together which I can look up so that part's no problem.

James