[OM] Re: Shift Lens on E1?/software alternatives

Subject: [OM] Re: Shift Lens on E1?/software alternatives
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:13:26 -0400
Cc: hiwayman@xxxxxxx
Layers in Photoshop are software-implemented vellum (tracing paper), for lack
of any other analog that I can think of.  It's like having multiple layers of
paper stacked on top of each other over your main image.  But layers can be
transparant, opaque, semi-transparant, act as colored filters, act as
image-altering filters, etc.  They can be moved around, hid/shown.

In general they allow editing and manipulation of an image without touching the
original, which can lay at the bottom of the stack of layers.

I'm sure that there's a similar feature in other programs.

Skip