[OM] Re: D1x digital; E-1 and macro

Subject: [OM] Re: D1x digital; E-1 and macro
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:31:31 +0800
Yes, you are right, I think the failure was temperature problem and
frequency start and stop of the hard disk due to I just enabled the "10
minutes auto power down" for two months in order to reduce the heat
generated inside the computer. The room temperature here is too high in
summer, even with air conditioner it is around 28 deg C. I believe the
controller board was damaged as it seem unable to make the motor spine up to
the required speed.

I'm now posting WTB ad in local auction site to see if I can get the same
model hard disk for electronic board replacement.

C.H.Ling