[OM] Re: 180/2 for macro?!

Subject: [OM] Re: 180/2 for macro?!
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:43:30 -0400
At 02:55 PM 7/23/2004, you wrote:

>Wayne,
>
>Did you really mean that you're using the big, white 180/2 for macro shots?
>That would be a little overkill, wouldn't it?

Yes, 180/2.0. Has a nice tripod ring so it is stable, gets me the working
distance
and easier to focus. Typically it will be 180 + 25 + 25 + 1.4x and no rocking
the
boat. (rather than 180 + 1.4x + extension, that is extension in front of 1.4x).

I tried the combination one day because I needed the working distance
and the 135 was just not quite enough. Next I think I will try a telescope
on a beastly mount. And photograph ants 50 feet away! like I used to
do when I was in high school.

Wayne