[OM] Re: D1x digital; E-1 and macro

Subject: [OM] Re: D1x digital; E-1 and macro
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:15:40 -0700
Excellent!

When hard disks fail, it is often not the actual disk, but electronics
or mechanics. There are services which can usually recover the contents.
Not cheap (or at least wasn't), but can be a life saver. When I saved a
friend at work from disaster a few years ago by telling him about these
services, his first reaction to the price they quoted was shock. Then he
realized how tiny it was relative to the cost of the data on the disk
and they recovered it all for him. I believe they have working models of
all brands and models and mount the actual magnetic disks in a working
mechanism. Probaly have other tricks too.

Moose