[OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti

Subject: [OM] Re: need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:43:39 -0300

> My solution to all this is very simple. I mostly use a wide latitude,
> low contrast film, Portra NC in my case. Then I need only get the
> metering close, compensate if necessary, use Auto and be assured of
> properly exposed shots. Maybe it's cheating, but it sure makes getting
> the image I want easier. More time for choosing framing, aperture,
> waiting for that magic pause in subject movement, taking other shots, etc.
>
> Moose

I just wish that slide film had more latitude, but until it does, if ever,
I'll have to work with it the way it is. Using print film is just not the
same for me. I just picked up another brick of 20 of Kodak E100VS a couple
days ago. Some might think it too loud or unrealistic in color, but I have
come to love it, for macro and summertime scenics, especially.

I usually keep some Fuji Superia 200, and Kodak Portra VC, in a couple of
cameras, but mostly in a small rangefinder or P&S, for my wife to use, or
for family snapshots. That is of course, unless I'm doing a wedding, which I
really don't care to do very often.

Wayne