[OM] need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti

Subject: [OM] need tripod help/ also about macro stuff/ 4ti
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:37:01 -0300
I know this has been discussed a lot in the past, but I've just let most of
it go by without paying attention. What I need is advice on a good tripod
that  lowers closer to the ground, and possibly one that has an arm that can
be extended to the side, and one that is really sturdy. Weight isn't really
a concern, so it can be heavy, just not too pricy.  Also, someone a while
back was advertising a ballhead for sale, which I should have bought.
Contact off-list if it is still for sale.

Yesterday I spent a good part of the day with my OM2s and Vivitar 90/2.5
macro and Kodak slide film and so-so tripod. The 90mm macro is by far the
best macro set-up I've tried to use. Looking through the lens is just
amazing, especially at the selective focusing at f/2.5. I could never
achieve that before, and think I must have shot 80% at f/2.5. I don't have
the results back yet of course, so hopefully it will look as good on the
slides. I have a Kiron 55mm reversing ring, a set of 3 Vivitar extension
tubes,  a Vivitar 55/2.8 1:1 macro, a Vivitar 2x macro, an Olympus f=40cm,
49mm reversing rings, which I've been using in the past for macro, but
nothing compares to this 90mm macro. I know, someone is going to say the
next step is the Zuiko 90/2 mm, but that is way out of my reach right now.

Another thought that has been making its way into my head lately is that
perhaps I'm missing something in not having an OM4ti. Is there an
improvement with the 4ti over the 2s, similar to the 90mm macro over the
other macro stuff? Someone talk me out of it please.

(C5050 sitting unused on the shelf. What a disappointment. I could have had
that 4ti.)

Wayne