[OM] Re: OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:23:29 +0200
>What I like is the intuitive viewfinder and continous  spot metering in
>  manual mode. That's how spot-metering imo should work, and not like the
>  clumsy fiddle-to-find-another-button on the OM4(Ti).
>
>Yes, I said clumsy....try to use a winder or MD on your OM4, and reach for
>  the spot-button. I have big hands, and I don't manage even after years of
>  pratice.

I do like the spot button of the OM-4/OM-4Ti (I rarely use a winder).
What I don't like is the "Hilite" and "Shadow" buttons, which IMO are
mostly useless. I far prefer using the compensation dial and adjust
exactly the compensation that I need. I think these 2 buttons remove
something to the "elegance" of the OM-4.

No heresy here, just a tiny theologic argument;-)
But I do believe in the one and only OM-4Ti.

Bernard