[OM] Re: OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:25:42 +0100
Just so Jim, just so :-) - Auto is so good.  That is what frustrates
about my digital camera (G5): it is so much more difficult to get a
shot if Auto is not going to be good enough... and that is before you
take into account the delay when pressing the shutter button.

As an aside, taking photos from a noisy little aircraft is much more
difficult with the G5, owing to its lack of shutter noise its
automatics - you don't know how far you have got in the process of
focusing and taking the photo.  The OMs are just loud enough (or is it
the vibration in the camera) for you to know that you have taken the
shot - oh, and the mirror comes up ;-)

Chris

On 30 Apr 2004, at 00:24, Jim Brokaw wrote:

> on 4/29/04 2:58 PM, Donald MacDonald at d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:
>
>> Hmm. I'd buy another OM4 in a heartbeat. At UK prices the Ti is just
>> too
>> much investment when you're broke. I like the various buttons, if
>> only for
>> checking what the range is. I still haven't got multispot right in my
>> head, but I keep trying it out anyway. Maybe I'm trying too hard.
>
> I love the multi-spot, its soooo simple to use. Just find a bright
> area,
> point at it and hit the button. Then find a dark shadowy area, point
> at it
> and hit the button twice... point at a generally medium brightness
> area, hit
> the button again. Then click the shutter. You've just created a complex
> multi-weighted exposure setting in a few seconds without taking the
> camera
> down from the eye. I feel so smart when I do this, and sometimes my
> images
> even come out as good as the ones where I just leave the camera on
> Auto,
> focus and shoot.
> --
>
> Jim Brokaw