[OM] Re: OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:20:46 +0100
That's only complaint about the functionality of the OM4: it seems daft
that the metering will not switch on when I press the Spot button.  In
fact it would have been better for the Spot button to have been the
switch for the metering, leaving the shutter release button for just
that.

As for Thomas' learning which button to press: I'm sure that was
written tongue-in-cheek Thomas, but it is very quick to learn.  You
need only press it (in Auto) once for a mid-tone, or twice for
highlight and shadow readings.  It is in fact very similar to the 2SP
in that with the latter you will probably point the spot at the
highlight and shadow areas to see the range of exposure you have, but
with the OM4 in Auto, you don't need to adjust the settings.

Chris

On 30 Apr 2004, at 00:05, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

> To each his own, maybe that's why Olympus did the two different
> spot-metering
> tracks with regard to the 2S and 4T. Gave the shooters a choice... I
> also get
> a tiny bit confused when switching back and forth from my 2S to the 4T.
> That's what the "problem" is you're having with the buttons. If we
> used one or the
> other exclusively- which we can't, because we have to have multiple
> bodies,
> we're all Zuikoholics aren't we?- we'd hve zero problems with the
> buttons.
> Somehow, I still hit the "Spot" instead of the shutter once in a
> while, or is it
> vice-versa...?
>
> George S.

<|_:-)_|>