[OM] Re: A tiny bit of list history and where we go from here.

Subject: [OM] Re: A tiny bit of list history and where we go from here.
From: "GeoW" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:17:49 -0400

On 9 Apr 2004 at 19:55, Piers Hemy wrote:

> You have a way with words AG - eloquently put, and who could disagree?
>

> Piers

I agree with you Piers, Ken can sure put the pen to the paper.

I agree with everything Ken said. The point that I've been bumbling and
stumbling
around trying to make is actually based on the history of the list. It happened
as Ken
said and the point I've wanted to convey is the fact that the list started out
as The
Olympus OM List and as far as I can tell, it was never changed. That being
said, I enjoy
the off-topic junk as well as the digital subject matter. I also understand the
evolution of
the list. I've been a member of a black powder list in the past for those
choosing to
shoot the primitive rifles. That list never evolved to modern weaponry. Never
will.

As I said, I am fine with the list as it is but I would appreciate if everyone
knew the
actual history of how, why, and when the list came into existence.

Thanks again to you list menbers and thanks to AG for the history lesson. <G>

GeoW