[OM] Re: A tiny bit of list history and where we go from here.

Subject: [OM] Re: A tiny bit of list history and where we go from here.
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:48:56 +0100 (BST)
Spot on AG....I have been away for a few days....what gives....? :-((

AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My interest in the OM system extends to it being a very fine
tool, well engineered, and a means to an end. The OM system is
not the end in itself.I will admit that I'm a primary contributor to non-OM
chatter on
this list. Frankly, I write about whatever interests me and try
to pose it in photographic or Olympus terms whenever possible.

The OM list is unique among the thousands on the Internet,
because of the diversity of subject matter and the breadth and
depth of those very subjects. Every day, I feel like I've been
to school and learned something new.

system attracted very unique personalities.

There is a profile of the "average" OM user:
1. Prefer Functionality over Functions (sounds like an article)
2. Like sports cars, such as RX-7s, Lotus's, Triumphs, MGB's.
3. Real job is something other than photography
4. Either owns an SUV or secretly desires one (ahem)
5. Dislikes both Bush and Kerry (double ahem)
6. Has or wants a Leica Rangefinder camera.
7. Has a real life.

Is the list off-topic 99% of the time? As compared to the
original life of the list, yes. But, the list has adapted to
the changing times. it won't last forever. In fact, this
latest outage probably has done incredible harm to the list, but
compared to the Oben episode (if you don't know, don't bother
asking), it was a mild tremor.

I think the fair way to describe this list is: A gathering of
Olympus OM system owners or enthusiasts meeting via the Internet
sharing ideas, frustrations, helpful tips, and anything else
that interests us that we think might interest others.

Otherwise, read the bloody FAQ.

AG-Schnozz

List Problem"

Regards