[OM] Re: Camera Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Bags
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 18:28:55 +0000
No snags Gord ... but I didn't think that you would go for both! ;-)

Domke sounds good, and much better than this nappy bag stuff - have
some pride chaps!  But seriously, my old Billingham Hadley is pretty
faded and not very attractive to a thief (touch wood) and since all my
bags are dark, they don't stand out well.  A couple of french youths
tried to move my bag away from me in a Parisian MacD (to my eternal
shame - MacDonalds in Paris :-((), but no one has shown the slightest
interest in any of my bags ever.

Chris

On 1 Feb 2004 , at 8:42, Gordon J. Ross wrote:

> Hi Skip and Chris:
>
> Thankyou both for a good rundown, I really appreciate the advise as it
> saves
> a lot of time energy and guessing.
> I have ordered a black Billingham 306 from Robert White for 113. GBP.
> and I
> am keeping my eye out for an F6. So you have both enabled me, you will
> have
> to share the enabling points (Thomas keeps track of them?)
> As far as size goes Chris, the dimensions are 32x18x23 for the 206 and
> 37x18x23 for the 306  so they are the same height and width, I figure
> that
> the extra 5 cm's gives an edge of versatility, without having to add
> pouches
> and won't be that noticeable. I'll let you know.
> I like your idea on the F6 Skip as it is big enough for a 'kit' but
> very
> compact, I've priced them from $58.95 to $69.95, hints on best buys
> accepted. I checked eb*y and the moron level is alive and well, the
> bidding
> on used bags is at the price of ordering a new one, don't these people
> research before bidding?
> I am a little amazed that there were not more opinions on this thread,
> and
> would still like to hear what everyone is using. At any rate I will be
> styling as I hit the tundra for some panoramas of the great white
> north.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Gord
<|_:-)_|>