[OM] Re: Camera Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Bags
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 06:20:05 +0000
The Billinghams might be better quality Gord.  You might like to try
importing from the UK...

I don't think that Skip has tried the "Press Top" versions which open
and stay open - the 206 has that and 3 ways of fastening the top for
speed or security.  I have not seen the 306 yet (in the canvas so to
speak) but you might find it too big.  The 206 has a compartment at
either end which will hold a body and lens (with a winder on one),  and
2 lens compartments in the middle (so I can fit 4 medium length lenses,
say 135 and 28 size).  There are small filter pockets lining the inside
and each external pocket has a small filter pocket in its lining.  I
should envisage buying a 206 (black on black of course) with 2 of the
biggest attachable pockets to make your bag as versatile as you seem to
want.

For what it's worth I have a Hadley (1995, Black/Tan), 206 (1997,
Black/Black), Photo Packington (1998, Black/Tan) (Michael Palin took
this Around the World in 80 Days) and  Hadley Pro (Christmas 2003,
Black/Black).  I sling them all over the place and I always have one
over my shoulder.

Camera contents: Hadley: OM1N, 50, 28 & 135; Packington: Bronica RF645,
45, 65 & 135 & RF20; 206: OM4, 2SP, 35, 60-300, 90 and 21 & T32; Hadley
Pro: Contax G2, 45, 28, 90 and Canon Powershot G5.  Each bag still has
a complete compartment free for .... well .... stuff ;-)

Chris

On 31 Jan 2004 , at 21:01, Gordon J. Ross wrote:

> Hi Skip and Chris:
>
> I sense some cultural bias. All kidding aside both of your suggestions
> look
> very good. The Billingham 206 looks very nice but I might be tempted
> to go
> for the extra inch and a bit to the 306 model, a bit pricey listing at
> $390
> and $420 I so far have found the 360 new on Yah** for $260.00. The
> Domke F2
> looks also very good and wins the price contest hands down at $89.95
> from
> digitalfotoclub.com. What are the differences? Any other 'contenders'?
>
> Thanks Gord

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.