[OM] Re: Vivitar Series one 90/2.5 with macro adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar Series one 90/2.5 with macro adapter
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:19:26 -0500
News Break Time:
This has to be one of the most bizarre eBoo conundrums ever
encountered.  To receive a lens with dirt, scratches, fungus, clouding,
etc., which were not disclosed is bad enough - scars of the trade.
Just what do you say when someone sends you a (as Piers correctly
noted) that which is marked "LENS....." by the manufacturer, but you
can stick a finger through the inside length of the casing because it
came withOUT glass!!!  (Extra extra extra ED).........    Well, not
very happy, but have spent hours finding, scanning and sending Vivitar
lens element drawings of the unit.  This is further complicated because
(Piers, you guessed right again) he uses AOL for his ISP.  Sending
copies of the lens element drawings about pushed me offfa da
edge.......   To all this he says my 'friends' are "idiots" and 'don't
know anything.........'     Duhhhh.....

I have reverted to VERY precise business communications and diligence.
To this he responds repeatedly that I am "rude" and  "fighting" with
him.  Then he reverts to claiming that he has a lifetime of experience
in photography and I need to take the Adapter to a photo shop.  Next
comes, "I am a Christian man and don't like this fighting.  God bless
you."   I responded that this is a commerce transaction, not a
religious experience.  Couple of emails later I suggested that God
deserved better than to be dragged into the middle of a potentially
fraudulent transaction."   That seemed to slow him down........

Anybody interested in a rare (air) Series One ED with so much
radioactivity that one can poke a finger through the optics?????

Life is tooooo short for this........  , but think a medical Dx is
rapidly emerging.  Ronnie, got any extra room in the bed??

Till next time from the travelin microphone.
Adventures on eBoo.
Baffled Bill