Re: [OM] tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:29:53 -0500
What is your weight limit?  A design like the Zone VI (is this or its
equivalent still made?)  has several advantages:

-  Goes to ground level as the hinging at the top provides full movement
-  Constructed of wood, so your tongue won't stick to it if you decided to kiss
it... nor will your hands get numb on real cold days
-  Overbuilt for an OM with most lenses, but great for long lens use
-  Rock solid
-  Comes without head so the world is your oyster
-  Comes with built-in bubble level (a definite must-have in my book)
-  Does duty for up to 5x7 (smaller version) or 11x14 (larger version)
-  Legs are 2 sections, not 3, but with enough extension for most tall folks;
but that means it's > 32" in in most compact configuration
-  Looks cooler than metal IMNSHO

It's not light, but I've hefted metal jobs just as heavy, especially when
considering stability

Earl