Re: [OM] OM-1 meter problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 meter problem
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:13:32 -0800 (PST)
The contacts for the switch for the meter get dirty.  Mine sometimes
hangs up, and I just flick the meter switch on and off quickly
several times to clean the contacts and then all is well.  It usually
happens only when the meter has not been switched on for many days.
I suppose they could be cleaned with electrical contact cleaner if
you knew how to diasect it, but I am not interested in doing that
myself and it is not that big a problem at least in my case.

--- omboy <omboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I received this message from an OM-1 user in Canada:
>
> Dear sir: I have had an Olympus OM1 camera since 1974 and have
> recently experienced some difficulty with the light indicator. It
> fluctuates from positive to negative and than sticks at the bottom
> without giving me a positive or negative reading for the light
> levels.
> I have to keep rapping the camera til the indicator moves. I have
> replaced the batteries but to no avail. Can I repair this myself or
> is
> there a reputable repair shop in my vacinity. I live in Chatham
> Ontario Canada. Thanking you in advance: Fred Thomaes
>
> Chris Lee
> Hong Kong

=====
Don Shedrick