Re: [OM] E-1 first impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 first impressions
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:18:05 -0500
I handled the E-1 for a short time at PhotoPlus.  Nice, very solidly built.
Lots of gaskets, water can be poured on it with no (apparent) problems.
Screen felt small and far away, but focus in low light was fast and quiet,
image crisp on the screen.  Controls well placed and from the top looks alot
like my "ancient" E-10.  Saw the 300 2.8 from a distance.

An interesting note mentioned at the Olympus booth was that Hoya makes a
huge percentage, if not all ED (UD) glass elements for the photo industry.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121  Turnaround 4-5 weeks