Re: [OM] SC vs MC zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] SC vs MC zuikos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:19:06 -0700
The 135/3.5 in MC is not commonly seen, so there may not be any performance experience on the list?

Generically, MC means slightly less light loss through the lens, not really significant, greater resistance to flare and often, improved contrast. Some listees prefer the slighlty different color balance of some SC lenses, which is only really significant with slide film. MC is clearly better overall in test environments, but not always in individual pairs. If you browse Gary's tests, there are many examples of the same lens tested in both versions <http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm>. I shoot almost exclusively color neg film and have mostly MC lenses as flare resistance is more important to me than subtle color rendition.

Moose

Daniel Tan wrote:

Hi All.
I've recently been given the option between two lenses - one an SC and
the other a newer MC.