Re: [OM] SC vs MC zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] SC vs MC zuikos
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:25:35 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "C.H.Ling-Accura" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 6:33 AM

You're right, the maximum visual spectrum is around 16 million colours which
is covered by 24-bit colour (16.7 million colours). What you will see 32-bit
colour used for is for transparency, you still use 24-bits for colour and
the last 8-bits are used to give 255 levels of transparency. So for
photographic display, it makes no difference but for other things it can.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/