[OM] Tour groups - was Jim's Excellent Adventure...

Subject: [OM] Tour groups - was Jim's Excellent Adventure...
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:27:33 +0100
I way prefer independent travel, but I've taken a guided tour, just once, when I was in Australia and I wanted to see the Great Ocean Road. Not so easy to do without your own vehicle, but a bunch of people called the Wayward Bus Company run three-day trips between Adelaide and Melbourne. I wasn't at all looking forward to it, and thought three days on a bus with a bunch of people I didn't know could be a horrible nightmare, but in fact it was a really fun experience. It was just a minibus really, 14 people on the tour, and we had a really knowledgable, friendly and laid-back driver/guide. Everyone on the bus got on really well and I'm still in touch with several of them. So, although I prefer not to take guided tours, I'd recommend Wayward Buses!

Of course my OM-1n got plenty of use along the way - here's some pictures I took if you're interested:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/australia/2001/index.html

Roger

Never and never again will you find me on a tour bus. Never.....!

ROFL . . .
I did **one** tour bus excursion in Germany. I don't need to describe the experience. The one you provided of yours on Oahu fits exactly; just change the location names.

Never and never again will you find me on a tour bus. Never.....!