Re: [OM] Jim's Excellent Adventure...

Subject: Re: [OM] Jim's Excellent Adventure...
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:45:46 -0700

>OTOH -- When in Cancun we took the guided tour to Chichen Itza.  The ride
>was great, and the guide had done his homework.  He knew who the major
>researchers in the area had been, and was able to give a good, sound
>introduction to Mesoamerican Prehistory.  I complimented him on the quality
>of his work.  And I do know - my PhD is in anthropology, with significant
>training in prehistory.  YMMV.
>
>Craig

Here's a picture of my favorite tour guide. She attached herself to us
at Copan and really knew her stuff. We had the ruins to ourself, no
other tourists at all so she was glad for the work and we were happy to
have her. OM1, 135/3.5

http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/LatinAmerica/MexCentralAm/copan1.jpg

mike