Re: [OM] Jim's Excellent Adventure...

Subject: Re: [OM] Jim's Excellent Adventure...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:48:04 -0700
I assume you mean discipline like solitary confinement on bread and water :-)

That's what it would be for me. I like to have fun taking pictures. So let's see, I'll take a type of camera I don't like, with a focal length I seldom use. Try to take shots with a lens not suited to them or artificially try to change my way of working and vision of shots to fit someone else's form of creativity. Doesn't sound like fun to me. Rather than believe in "No pain, no gain.", I believe "No pain is a gain."

Yes I used an XA as a pocket back-up for many years. and it's a rangefinder with a 35mm lens. But I like it for it virtues in spite of its faults. Rangefinder vs. no focusing at all in the other choices at the time and 35mm retrofocus lens to get that small, smooth profile was worth it.

By the way, I agree with pretty much everything else in your post!

Moose

Bill Pearce wrote:

.....take and M3 with a 35. Now there's discipline!