Re: [OM] Please critique my macros

Subject: Re: [OM] Please critique my macros
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:01:06 +0800

Hi Albert, I think most of them would benefit a greater DOF, so you may have to blast it with more light. I think a good number is outdoor sunny pics though so you may be able to turn the aperture way down, especially if it is not windy and if you use a tripod.

The flower pics could benefit from a bit more context, e.g. may be some leaves or stems to add more graphics elements. Something to attract the viewers' eyes.

Is the last pic some sort dry grubs? Probably medicinal herbs or something :-) ?

Yes! They aren't worms! I had comments on the page before, but I chucked them for faster auto generation scripts.. I'm using JAlbum, which is not too bad.

Here's the problem with most of the shots:

First, ZERO cropping. Haven't had time, also, I like to hear what everybody else thinks about cropping so I can crop in the viewfinder, not in photoshop. Second, most of these were handheld, and so although in bright sunlight, I cranked most to probably 500th or 1000th so I don't get handshake into the pictures. I'm shooting most of my macros (now) off tripod, and so I get much better DOF than these show. But I'll definitely make note of that.
Thanks.
Albert