Telecentric requires larger lens backside? Re: [OM] Some info on the new

Subject: Telecentric requires larger lens backside? Re: [OM] Some info on the new E-1
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:25:57 -0700
Having thought about this for awhile I still don't get it...

Doesn't a retrofocus design and the goal of what Olympus wanted to
achieve imply that the light striking the CCD is closer to perpendicular
and therefore the light as it leaves the lens will be closer to the
axis ---> smaller diameter lens mount?

Looking at this from another viewpoint doesn't a RF 35mm such as Lei*a
have smaller lenses with smaller diameter than typical for retrofocus
SLR designs?

-jeff