Re: [OM] Some info on the new E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Some info on the new E-1
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:08:27 +0100

Doesn't do much for me.

I think Olympus are digging themselves into a hole. Anyone who buys into this system, especially the glass side of it, is going to wonder where all the money went in a few years.

As ever larger pixel counts become the norm, 5mpix will not cut it. Spending a lot on lenses that will be wedded to a small ccd (relative to 35mm) seems crazy.

Our trusty old zuikos would still work with a full frame ccd, but surely these newbies won't, or am I missing something?

Giles

"Professional" camera, with 5.x Megapixels. I guess the theory is that the new sensors/lens/processing engines will make it competitive with other PRO DSLR. http://www.dcresource.com/ has some info. Full review available at 9AM tomorrow.