RE: [OM] Some info on the new E-1

Subject: RE: [OM] Some info on the new E-1
From: "C.H.Ling-Accura" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:37:45 +0800
I doubt the E-1 has lower noise than other DSLR with larger sensor, lets
"hope" for that.

The Dynamic range of 10D is not bad, it is as least as good as slide. The
E-10 is really exception, it compress the scene similar to negative (at low
contrast setting). The raw capture looks a bit dull, but it is very
adjustable, both highlight and details are preserved but you may not be able
to use them since you need to cut some before sending it to print otherwise
the picture is too dull and not usable. Overall I think I didn't miss too
much on the 10D in real life if the exposure is right but in case you made
under exposed shots the shadow details is lost, on the other hand with the
E-10 you can still "curve" it up.

I have confidence that Olympus will make the E-1 right, it will have the
tradition of high D-range of E-10. I think it is just a matter of
preference, no big technical issue here. Some people like good looking shoot
directly from camera and the other like more room for adjustment in
processing.

Just like the Nik*n E5000 I just purchased, the capture range is much less
than the E990 shoot I have seen, again most shadow is clipped, what a shame
for a flag ship compact from Nik*n.

C.H.Ling