Re: [OM] plain OM4 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] plain OM4 questions
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:35:08 +0100
Admittedly my OM4 is a modified one, but I like my OM4 a great deal as well...

Chris

On Sunday, Jun 15, 2003, at 15:59 Europe/London, Garth Wood wrote:

Well, I *hate* to disagree with Tom (whose opinion I respect enormously), but in this case, I must needs do so. I own an OM-4, which I bought during its first year of manufacture (mid-80s). It's still going strong after all these years, I've never noticed a "battery drain" problem (though I'm sure it drains 'em faster than a 4-Ti, but then, taking them out if you're planning on storing the body for awhile is a good idea anyways), and takes well-exposed pictures. Last time I used it was last November (been too busy with non-photography life), but I exposed twenty rolls of Provia in New Mexico, it was my only camera body, and it performed flawlessly.

I think the OM-4 has an undeservedly bad rep. If you get a good price for it, buy it. If you don't want it and the price is good, consider hooking me up. 8^>

Garth

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.